- General License for performance of works in the field of environmental protection No. 01086R dated August 9, 2007
Environmental design and standardization
- IMPLEMENTATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND STANDARDS
Environmental design and standardisation is a set of services resulting in development of a package of environmental documentation, which includes analysis, forecasting, justification, planning and environment impact assessment.
Environmental design involves the development of documentation, analysis of environmental factors, as well as recommendations for minimizing the environment impact. The design documentation undergoes review by state authorities, after which the client receives applicable permits and approvals.
KPSP employs highly qualified environmental design experts with more than 15 years of experience in the field.
IMPLEMENTATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS
Main aspects of environmental design:
- Assessment of environment impact and other consequences
- Environment impact assessment per each stage of design
- Development of recommendations for environmental enhancement
- Prevention of destruction, degradation, damage and depletion of natural ecological systems and natural resources
Environmental design and standardization include the following sections:
- Environment protection activities
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Emission limits study
- Waste generation and waste disposal limits
- Process environmental monitoring
- Waste management strategy
- Environment protection activities
- Inventory of greenhouse effect gases emissions
- Development of facility sanitary protection zones projects
- Development of potable water sources sanitary protection zones projects
When carrying out production activities, the necessity of passing the environment impact assessment procedure is required according to Clause 1 of Article 36 of the Environmental Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
Environmental impact assessment is a mandatory discipline of engineering design project documentation. This discipline describes all the impacts of the facility emissions on air, ground and water bodies. Its purpose is to prevent or mitigate the impact of the enterprise's activities on the environment and the associated environmental, social, economic and other consequences.
KPSP services in the environmental impact assessment sphere:
- Preliminary assessment of factors and types of impact on the environment in the course of production process
- Determination of the characteristics of the proposed environmental impacts
- Assessment of the scale of residual environmental impact and long-term consequences
- Development of strategy to reduce, mitigate and prevent negative impacts
- Proposals for the organization of regular monitoring of environmental changes during project implementation
KPSP performs environmental design and standardization of industrial and public facilities of any complexity.
ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND STANDARDS
The following recent tasks were the most challenging considering environmental impact assessment:
- Zhairem Ore Mining and Processing Plant. Zhairem Polymetal. Modernization of existing plant. The project includes:
- Ore beneficiation plant with the annual capacity of 5 million tons of ore,
- Beneficiation plant infrastructure,
- "Construction of Ferry Complex in Kuryk Port and Operation of Cargo Passenger Ferries. Phase II"
As of the moment, the project undergoes State Experts Committee review. The port is a key link of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route, which runs along the Caspian Sea coast in the West Kazakhstan region.