- Category I Design License
- General License for design development and expert review of processes, methods of production, design and cost estimation documentation for mining, oil and gas industries
- License for Environmental Protection Activities
- Permit For Design Activities in Russian Federation
- Industrial Safety Certificate allowing to perform work associated with industrial safety
General designer functionality
KPSP performs general design of industrial and public facilities utilising its many years of unique experience.
This includes the whole cycle of predesign and design activities management, revision management and as-built documentation development, as well as the monitoring of adherence to design documentation during construction.
- The quality of General Designer work is crucial for cost efficiency and high technical level of the project as the whole.
- The General Designer together with the General Construction Contractor undertake complete responsibility for implementation of the project up until the commencement of the facility.
Project Managers are extremely competent in project management, which is confirmed by their involvement in such complicated construction projects as:
- Ferry Complex in Kuryk Port construction project
- Zhairem Mining and Ore Processing construction project
- Lukoil Lubricants Plant construction project
- Float Glass Plant construction project
- Project of construction of Air Separation Unit on Arcelor Mital Temirtau site and much more
KPSP GENERAL DESIGN PROJECTS: INTEGRITY OF ENGINEERING AND COMMERCIAL APPROACHES
KPSP experts develop the most modern and efficient infrastructural solutions that provide for integration of modern digital solutions and equipment into the Automated Process Control and Instrumentation disciplines.
All the solutions comprehensively consider safety, energy efficiency, cost reduction and further development issues.
A huge advantage for KPSP customers is the solutions supplied by affiliated companies or strategic partners, as their trade and production policies are coordinated by the management of the holding, which allows KPSP customers to guarantee and provide flexible terms for the long-term cooperation in procurement and services provision.
Advantages of this kind of procurement:
- complete predictability of partnership with equipment manufacturers and integrators
- possibility to initiate procurement procedure during the early stages of design
- possibility to initiate development of project specific Automated Process Control and IT solutions during the early stages of design
- KPSP's customer will always be given preferences in a bargain
- possibility for deduction to the added value in major bargains with Eurasia Commerce Trading House
- the equipment for the customer's choice is a highly competitive and complies with modern requirement
- equipment performance are well known which excludes technological risks of the project
GENERAL DESIGN OF INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES
For more than 58 years KPSP acts as a general designer, and also comprehensively develops design estimates for the construction of industrial facilities. This type of design is extremely process specific. Few design institutions specialize in this area.
Having a wide partner network all over the world, KPSP involves the most advanced companies to develop the process disciplines, adapting innovations and technologies to the project implementation conditions.
KPSP has a vast experience in the following:
- Metallurgy: ferrous and nonferrous
- Mechanic engineering: general mechanic engineering, production of metal elements and dies
- Oil and gas: Extraction, hauling, storage and refinery
- Mining: Ore extraction and processing, tailings
- Chemical production: glyphosates, phosphorus, sodium hydrocarbon etc.
- Fuels and power supply: fuel industry, electrical power industry, power distribution
- Building materials: cement, glass, gases
- Agriculture: storage and processing
- Transportation infrastructure: auto and railways, terminals, transport and logistics complexes (warehouses), infrastructure of sea and river transport (ports), railway stations and air terminals
The General Designer undertakes all the risks during the design period which is advantageous for the customer:
- project activities delay risks
- risks connected to the estimation of volume and the cost of design activities
- risks of errors of subcontracting design and engineering survey companies
- risks arising out of the use of new technologies and equipment
GENERAL DESIGNER'S ROLE IN ENSURING PROPER PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Project implementation can take as long as 5-7 years which means investment risks are considerably high. Despite the fact that the risks of the final cost of the construction project do not lie directly on the designer, they root at the stage of concept development and design.
The investor needs to have a reliable and competent general designer like KPSP, since without its control at the design stage and timely changes to the project that are unavoidable during its implementation, it is not possible to adhere to the planned performance indicators at the initial stage.
FINANCIAL EFFICIENCY OF RISK MANAGEMENT
The time required for corrective measures and introduction of changes directly affects the financial outcome of actions taken. Early detection of the necessity to introduce changes into the initial concept drastically cuts costs of such introduction. This is exactly why the accompanying consulting support, in addition to the usual technical supervision, ceased to be an additional service only for high-risk sectors, increasing the effectiveness of the further life of the facility and being the basis of risk management for investors.
GENERAL DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES SCOPE
1. Consulting in drafting the design specification
2. Consulting during obtaining the basic data for design or the very obtaining of such data as a separate on-demand service
3. Development of activities schedule: contents and costs of design works, design stages
4. Comprehensive design. Study of the most effective and modern design and process solutions with due consideration for safety and compliance with government regulations
5. Project management during design, including the following, if necessary:
- Subcontracting expert companies for development of certain industry specific design disciplines
- Development of design specifications for subcontractors, coordination and administration of their work
- Integration of design solutions. Bringing the structural and architectural disciplines in compliance with process disciplines of the project
6. Development of all design and cost estimate documentation, submission to the State Experts Appraisal Committee and technical support during the review
7. Consulting and selection of process and engineering equipment
8. Designer supervision
9. Monitoring over compliance with the design conditions during construction works. Obtaining of approval of changes in the project documentation by the State Expertise
10. Connection to utilities
11. Involvement in commissioning of the facility