KPSP Lab. provides the following services:
- testing and certification of construction materials,
- structural health surveys,,
- geotechnical investigations,
- geodetic surveys.
Testing and certification of building materials
Tests of construction materials imply the study of their performance features and operational properties to verify compliance with applicable regulatory documents. Defective or non-compliant construction materials may dramatically impact the performance of the facility and cause its decay or destruction. This is why the testing of building materials is critically important for both manufacturers and contractors.
Certification of construction materials is a procedure confirming compliance of construction materials with the requirements of national codes and standards.
Types of certification of construction materials:
- mandatory (for construction materials that pose a threat to the life or health of the population),
- voluntary (to confirm compliance of materials with the requirements of standards or other regulatory documents).
KPSP Lab. has an accredited Test Centre:
- Certificate № KZ.И.10.0765 dated October 27, 2015 that certifies compliance to ST RK ISO/IEC 17025-2007 «General requirements for the competence to carry out tests and calibrations»
- Class I State License No.15019961 dated November 11, 2015 for survey activities
TYPES OF TESTING OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS
The testing of construction materials is necessary in the following cases:
- ongoing quality control by manufacturer
- certification and verification of performance of test samples submitted for inspection to building authorities
KPSP Lab. performs analysis and certifies the following materials:
The testing procedure determines the following performance criteria:
- moisture content,
- crack resistance,
- ultimate compressive strength,
- ultimate bend strength,
- transverse strain.
Mechanical, physical and chemical testing methods are used for testing of construction materials.
Tests are carried out exclusively on certified equipment, including hydraulic presses PSU-125, machines for testing materials (P-0.5; UMM-5; UMM-20) and the like.
The requirements for the quality of commercially available construction materials in Kazakhstan are established by the Technical Regulations "Safety of Construction Materials, Products and Structures".
QUALITY REQUIREMENTS CONFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The process of testing construction materials before obtaining a compliance certificate to be issued to the Customer includes the following steps:
- collection of relevant data and review of submitted documents,
- visual inspection and expert review of samples,
- instrumental inspection of construction materials,
- detection of defects,
- recording of damages,
- laboratory tests,
- processing and analizing of obtained data,
Finally, the Customer receives a test report that includes the results of studies, confirms compliance of materials with the requirements of regulatory documents and serves as the basis for issuing a certificate of compliance by relevant certification centre.
After the completion of testing the test report is sent to the National Centre for Expertise and Certification, where the Certificate of Conformity is issued. Certificate validity periods vary from 1 to 3 years, however, some certificates are of one-use nature, which are issued per bulk of product.